PAmicrowaves
Maart 28, 2024, 12:30:38 *
Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.

Login met gebruikersnaam, wachtwoord en sessielengte
Nieuws: SMF - Just Installed!

Startpagina   Help Zoek Kalender Inloggen Registreren  
Pagina's: [1]   Omlaag
  Print  
Auteur Topic: World Radio Conference Results  (gelezen 3114 keer)
Peter PE1DLG

« Gepost op: November 23, 2019, 12:20:56 »

van het Microwave mailing list

Hello Microwavers,

Although I did not attend the World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) that just concluded in Sharm-el-Shiekh, I did closely monitor the happenings. The output of every  WRC includes the Agenda  for the next WRC, which is now scheduled for 2023. This agenda serves as a blueprint for the studies that will be done in preparation for this upcoming WRC.

On the Agenda for the 2023 WRC is an item that seeks to identify the 10 - 10,5. GHz band for use in the Americas by International Mobile Telecommunications or IMT . IMT is a codename for cellular telecommunication systems. If this does not make you uneasy, it should.  The proliferation of cellular towers in the 10 GHz amateur band would just about make the 10 GHz band unusable by the amateur community.

You may remember an FCC Petition for Rulemaking a few years ago that was submitted by a company named Mimosa, suggesting that they could provide broadband data service to many people by using the 10 GHz band. They were generous as they left 50 MHz out of the USA 500 MHz amateur allocation for use by us. This WRC Agenda Item has the potential for far greater deployment and no space for amateurs.

Now is the time to get organized and resist this encroachment on what is the most popular amateur microwave band. I'm sure that the ARRL will get involved in the preparations as will the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU).

After the output of the planning meeting for the next ITU-R work cycle concludes early next week, I will be able to advise interested individuals about when and where the preparations will be held.

The time to get involved is now, not 3 years from now when all of the studies will have been completed and the governmental positions solidified.

David Weinreich
WA2VUJ/8
Pagina's: [1]   Omhoog
  Print  

Ga naar: