PAmicrowaves
Maart 28, 2024, 01:11:54 *
Welkom, Gast. Alsjeblieft inloggen of registreren.

Login met gebruikersnaam, wachtwoord en sessielengte
Nieuws: SMF - Just Installed!

Startpagina   Help Zoek Kalender Inloggen Registreren  
Pagina's: [1]   Omlaag
  Print  
Auteur Topic: [ukmicrowaves] >275GHz - The new Frontier.  (gelezen 4884 keer)
Eene de Weerd PA3CEG
Administrator

« Gepost op: Oktober 22, 2016, 02:29:07 »

Hi all

In GB2RS this week is the announcement that the 275 GHz NoV is now available to UK Full licensees (for various slots in the 275-3000 GHz range) - opening up the Terahertz frontier

Its a quick self-service NoV, but like the 2300 NoV, you need to name alternative operating locations on the application form  - such as your favourite hilltops

So before you all rush...

a) Think about the fixed sites you may wish to use it from as you have to list them on the NoV application form (similar to the 2300-2302 NoV) - this t ime you can name up to 6 in addion to your main station address

b) Read the guidance and online maps of excluded radii (near radio telescopes) and decide where (and what freq) you may wish to try
See here: http://rsgb.org/main/operating/band-plans/microwaves/terahertz/
(and if you still dont quite understand the NoV terms I have some extra tips or can add to the guidance!)

c) The NoV power limit is a very generous 100mW Tx - do let me know if you have that source power at these freqs! - you coudl be famous and get prizes

Finishing this access facility off was one of my last jobs as part of handing over to Barry G4SJH our new RSGB Microwave Manager, so make him happy and experiment!

- and perhaps think about collaboration and outreach wih university research and test equipment companies who have some nice stuff

One last thing - like 146-147 and 2300-2302 - do publicise developments and achievments  - Ofcom often asks us about progress before renewing such facilities

best regards, Murray G6JYB
Pagina's: [1]   Omhoog
  Print  

Ga naar: